Sunday, January 1, 2012

9 in 1


Last year, 2011, was a wild one to say the least. I am not that sad to say "goodbye" to it either. My life has been changed by the events that occurred throughout it. It has been changed through the places that I have gone, the people I have seen and met, those that I have said goodbye to, and those that I have grown closer with. Someone told me that 2012 is a new beginning. I’d like to test out that theory. But right now, I wanted to explain the subject heading of this blog. It means that I have been to 9 states in 1 year. I know that might be a lot to some and to others it might not even scratch the surface of how many they’ve been to this past year, but it’s significant to me. Here is a glimpse of the past year through a few states…


1. Oregon: My home.

2. Colorado: Saw my best friend, Malerie, get married.

3. California: Saw more amazing friends, Kevin and Liz, marry one another.

4. Washington: I drove through this state this summer and made a stop in Spokane for some coffee.

5. Idaho: Again, this is another place that I drove through this summer. I stayed at my aunt’s house for a night and was happy to catch up with her and my cousin.

6. Montana: Spent some time here with my best friend, Shawn and visited Glacier National Park.

7. Wyoming: Visited Yellowstone National Park and The Grand Tetons.

8. New York: I spent Christmas here with my siblings, Angie and Vince. I had a great time.

9. Connecticut: While in New York, my siblings and I made a short stop here. It was beautiful.


Who knows what adventures will be in store for me in 2012. All I’m sayin’ is that they better be good


My prayer is that this next year will be a year of healing, new beginnings, developing closer relationships, graduating, possibly a half marathon, and of being okay with waiting cause it’s not an easy thing for a person to do who likes to know what the plan is. ;)


Jesus, will you come this year?!
Goodbye, 2011. I'm going to try my best to look forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment