Friday, October 19, 2012

Home?

I'm home in Oregon, but somehow it feels like I don't really have a permanent "home" anymore. I knew that this transition would be difficult, but I wasn't expecting it to be this hard. I've been applying for jobs since August and even more now since I got back a few weeks ago. I feel like I just need a job now less for the money and more for the sanity. I'm making my calls, but the jobs are being filled. I'm running out of things to keep me busy and I'm beginning to feel more and more discouraged. Please pray for me during this time. I just want to be back in Alaska, but know that I have to be here now.

The good news is that Halloween is just around the corner and I get to dress up and carve a pumpkin. David and Elena are growing some in our backyard!

The view on a little bike ride of mine. :) Trying to see the good in things right now.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Danielle you finally made it back. We know that leaving Alaska can be a little more like leaving a foreign country than just another state. Keeping plugging away at that fun old job search. Maybe you could go with a temp agency for a bit. I Brian did that and it was enjoyable and I didn't feel like I was wasting my days. Whatever you decide go at it with all ya got. Go get Em tiger.

    ReplyDelete