Sunday, June 16, 2013

The First Father's Day.

This is my first Father's Day without my dad. This is the first time I don't have to worry about visiting the card aisle at a store attempting to find the best card to describe my awkward relationship with my dad. There was never a good card so I would always have to make one myself. The cards I would read would always make me cry because they reminded me that I didn't have the greatest dad. I didn't have a dad that could care for my needs, call me just because, or tuck me in at night.

But now that my dad is gone, I really miss him and I'm avoiding social networks today because pictures of good dad are being posted everywhere. Now that he's gone I realize that making my own Father's Day card wasn't such a big deal. I'd rather have him around than not. I love you and miss you dad. You were good enough.

Also, I really am thankful for the really good father figures in my life. Thanks Tom, Chris Newman, and Uncle Mike for showing me really good and healthy fatherly love.

No comments:

Post a Comment