Wednesday, November 6, 2013

What -10 Degrees Feels Like

Would you like to know what -10 degrees feels like?
Come visit me and you'll find out, but don't forget to bring your sturdy boots and a sturdy walk because boy, is it slippery!

Yesterday, we got a lot of snow. The snow here is dry and deceitful. It covers all of the ice and makes you think you are safe to walk normally. Yesterday I experienced my first bad fall.

I was taking out the trash and on my way back I slipped backwards and fell flat on my back. As I was going down I thought "this isn't so bad" and then that's when I whacked my head SO hard. My glasses flew off behind me and I was in shock for a while. I called the clinic here to see if I had a concussion but they said I had to go to Fairbanks to get it checked out properly. There was NO way I would drive there yesterday. The roads were terrible. :( Thankfully Joey is trained as an ETT and was able to check my pupils and head to see if I had a major concussion. I didn't feel nauseous or anything and didn't fall asleep. I just had a headache right away and went to work for a while but it was too hard to concentrate, so I left early. 

Overall, I feel fine now except my entire neck is sooooo sore. Now I am wearing "cramp-ons" on my shoes all of the time. They are kind of like chains for my shoes. :) Ugh. haha I'm so clumsy.

-10 degrees hurts.

3 comments:

  1. Ugh, that is awful. My first winter in Montana I tried walking down a flight of cement stairs in cowboy boots with my arms full of groceries and my computer. I threw everything up in the air and caught myself at the last second, it was soooo scary. The best part was watching my lap top go end over end down the stairs. But it's still kicking. I use these things now called yak-traks. aren't crampons super hardcore? like little knives? anyways, take care of yourself!! miss you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw you are having -10 degree weather. Please don't slip and fall. :(

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete