Saturday, March 23, 2013

Day 4: Venice & Prayer Request

This morning Amanda and I left early en route to Venice. We didn't know what to expect but that's become the story of my life, especially here.

Language Barriers May Lead to Stolen Money:
Before we got on the train, we wanted to grab some lunch to go and so I ordered food as best as I could and the cashier lady gave me waaaaaay less change than she should have. I was really frustrated and didn't know what to do, but thankfully Amanda helped me get it all back. SO frustrating but I hear that it's not uncommon. 

We then took a 4 hour train ride which was pretty cozy.
 When we arrived to the Venice train station, we had to figure out how to get to our hotel. We had to buy tickets to get on the water taxi/boat that would then lead us to a bus station. Here was our view as we stepped off the train. AMAZING!!!
Here we are on the boat ride along with some of the sites we saw along the way.

It was windy and I couldn't believe this guy was on a gondola. The waves were crazy and he never fell off! Definitely not a day for us to try. We would have been SO sick.
 When we got off our boat we then had to get on the correct bus and had no idea where our stop was for our hotel. We awkwardly asked around and eventually found some people who happily helped us. Our hotel is pretty far from the main city, but we get to see a different lifestyle. 

Here is the view from out hotel balcony.
  

The restaurants don't open until 7pm here. We found another seafood restaurant/bar and ordered alone which was such an accomplishment in my book!
 Finally, here I am with my clam spaghetti. It was so good!

 Prayer Request:
To be completely honest, I am really struggling with culture shock, fatigue, and lack of sleep. All of those things combined have been really difficult and sometimes I feel like I just want to curl up in a ball and hide, but I can't. Please pray that I catch up on rest and get myself together. ;) Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment