Sunday, March 31, 2013

Skipping Easter...

...Not really, but I am missing the celebration since I am in Ukraine. They don't celebrate Easter until May because they follow the Orthodox calendar and I am here. It's bittersweet, but I am doing what I can to celebrate Christ's resurrection in my heart through reading the Bible and journaling. I am so thankful that Christ died for me so that I could be with Him for eternity. I know I'm not perfect and I mess up every day, but I am SO glad that there is nothing I can do to make Jesus love me more or love me any less than He does.

But TODAY we got to celebrate one of the kid's birthdays in Ukraine and it was sweet:

We (well, really Anika) made borscht! It was sooooooo good!

We went bowling and I saw this awesome Ukrainian lady bowling in a skirt and stockings!
 

We had a rapper theme party for Boyko (not pictured here). Pictured here is Sasha.

We live the thug life. NBD.

This is Boyko! It's his birthday and he loved his new sweater. :)

We also had a homemade pizookie!

Anika and I. :)
It was and still is a good day.

Visit http://www.openarmsukraine.blogspot.com/ if you want to learn more about my friend's ministry for kids that graduate from the orphanage. :) It is pretty amazing if I say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment