Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Day 8: The Vatican and Sistine Chapel

I am soooooo pooped, but Amanda and I pressed on and visited The Vatican today. With sore legs, knees, and exhausted, we did it. It was a short trip. We went straight for the Sistine Chapel and went into the courtyard of the Vatican church. The line was grossly long and frankly, we were out of energy. The crowds were massive, but we were happy with what we got to see.

 One of the hallways leading to the Sistine Chapel.
 A closer look.
 Here are some images of the Sistine Chapel. I know, I wasn't supposed to take pictures here, but I did... This was one of the places I was looking most forward to seeing.

 The Pope wasn't outside... :(
 Silliness in the Vatican courtyard.
 After we got back to Frascati, we went to a tea house.
 And then we had a fancy dinner and wine. BTW: THE BEST pasta I've had so far!
P.S. I am going to Ukraine tomorrow. Prayers for safe and smooth travels would be appreciated!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment